This is the first in a series of articles on internships
It’s that time of year again: intern recruiting season. Hard to believe, but there are only about 20 weeks before summer interns will be reporting for their first day of work. Regardless of whether your intern program is large or small; well-established or new, there are always things you can do to help improve it going forward.
As you think about your summer intern program and what lies ahead, we at CSP strongly recommend holding an intern hiring kick-off meeting to ensure all of your key stakeholders are aligned regarding your program and process. Suggested topics to include on your agenda include:
- The purpose of the intern program
- Hiring timeline
- The interview process
- Offer process (offer decisions, offer approvals, extending offers)
- Roles and responsibilities for recruiters, recruiting coordinators, hiring managers and interview team members
- Intern performance management
- Summer events & key dates
We know everyone is going to be very busy for the next few months. Good luck and let the countdown to the interns begin!